Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Customer callers somehow end up talking to each other

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by boomschtick, Sep 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boomschtick

The phones are acting crazy. They are combining callers. The callers could be talking to an employee and somehow the caller gets attached to another caller or when I am transferring a call it connects with another caller instead with the employee.

There was even once when a customer was talking to an employee one second and the next they were talking to another customer that our receptionist had tried to transfer. The employee got a busy tone in her ear and the customer was gone. There does not seem to have any rhyme or reason to it. I upgraded to V12 at the beginning of July. We did NOT have this problem in V11. The receptionist phone is a GrandStream GXP2120.

Anyone seen anything similar or know of a fix?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The 3CX server log, of one of these calls, would show what is/has happened. I don't recall this coming up in the past, so, I suspect that there may have been a hardware or firmware /data corruption/provider issue specific to your installation. This would obviously be a bit of a concern if it were happening on a regular basis with multiple users.

If it does happen again, check the logs, and post one here. if it doesn't make sense to you. The Verbose tick-box, provides additional information that can be very helpful.

3. karloskar@packetnetworks.com.au

I've heard (and seen, when I tested it) of something similar happening when parking calls using the "old" method of *0. If you blind transfer two external parties to the same park, it will join those two calls together.

As leejor mentioned - logs will be your friend to figure out what's going on.

4. boomschtick

Would that be in the Server Activity Log or the Server Event Log?

5. egiblockDM

we've had crosstalk across phone calls before and still don't have the issue resolved yet. try re provisioning the phones.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Have a look in the Server Activity Log.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.