Customer Portal FQDN issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by farmeunit, Mar 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farmeunit

We changed IP range last week and working out some things I missed over the weekend. I asked our local support company what I needed to change and he directed me to the customer portal and what to change there. The problem is that I clicked "Release", but I have no way to "Reconnect". What is the issue?

2. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @farmeunit

I'm afraid you'll need to reinstall the PBX if you have released your FQDN from the ERP.
    Just take a full back up of your PBX without selecting the option to "Include FQDN and license information", uninstall and reinstall the PBX and select to restore the back up during installation.
    Just make sure that you move the backup to a safe location before uninstalling the PBX so it won't be deleted.

The above was not necessary though(if you hadn't release the FQDN), as public IP changes can be easily managed within the Management Console.

#2 mariosM_3CX, Mar 12, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  3. farmeunit

That answer is appreciated. Too bad there isn't a more "graceful" way to handle it.

I'll work on it this afternoon.

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Just as additional information you should release your FQDN only if:
    • You need to change the licence key and want to use the same FQDN
    • You need to change your FQDN and want to use the same licence.
    You need to re-install because the licence is bound to the FQDN only during the installation so if you release the FQDN from the licence you need to re-install the system .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.