Customer Wallboards

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jnymris, Oct 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jnymris

Hi,

We are looking to create a custom wallboard. However I am having a few issues.

I have been able to connect to the database however some tables appear to be locked.

I am also unable to query the database to see how many calls are in the que. Is there a guide/tutorial/database diagram which documents how the tables relate to each other, the columns and values?

Regards

Johnny

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi Johny,
    Direct access to database is totally unsupported, and not documented by 3CX as database structure is subject to change on each version update.

You should rather look into establishing connection through Call Control API when developping apps.
    And for wallboard customatization there is already a template system with an article on the subject : http://www.3cx.com/blog/wallboard/customize/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jnymris

thanks pj3cx, I am looking to re-design this in php as i am not familiar with asp. Also the customizing link you have posted this only allows you to display one wallboard at a time as far as i am aware? (If i'm wrong if you could provide an example i would be grateful)

4. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

You are right the cookies/session is limited to one wallboard per browser.
    The trick would then be to have multiple browser, and also use incognito connection if more than one wallboard needs to be opened at same time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jnymris

I am aware we are able to use incognito (thanks for letting me know though), however when using a wallboard this needs to look professional and having three browser windows open does not potray a good image to potential clients/customers.

6. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Ok then I guess you will have to develop your own custom "wallboard", seen others doing it with Call Control API susccessfully.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.