• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Customer Wallboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnymris

Reaction score
Hi,

We are looking to create a custom wallboard. However I am having a few issues.

I have been able to connect to the database however some tables appear to be locked.

I am also unable to query the database to see how many calls are in the que. Is there a guide/tutorial/database diagram which documents how the tables relate to each other, the columns and values?

Regards

Johnny

Hi Johny,
Direct access to database is totally unsupported, and not documented by 3CX as database structure is subject to change on each version update.

You should rather look into establishing connection through Call Control API when developping apps.
And for wallboard customatization there is already a template system with an article on the subject : http://www.3cx.com/blog/wallboard/customize/

pj3cx said:
Hi Johny,
Direct access to database is totally unsupported, and not documented by 3CX as database structure is subject to change on each version update.

You should rather look into establishing connection through Call Control API when developing apps.
And for wallboard customatization there is already a template system with an article on the subject : http://www.3cx.com/blog/wallboard/customize/
thanks pj3cx, I am looking to re-design this in php as i am not familiar with asp. Also the customizing link you have posted this only allows you to display one wallboard at a time as far as i am aware? (If i'm wrong if you could provide an example i would be grateful)

You are right the cookies/session is limited to one wallboard per browser.
The trick would then be to have multiple browser, and also use incognito connection if more than one wallboard needs to be opened at same time.

pj3cx said:
You are right the cookies/session is limited to one wallboard per browser.
The trick would then be to have multiple browser, and also use incognito connection if more than one wallboard needs to be opened at same time.

I am aware we are able to use incognito (thanks for letting me know though), however when using a wallboard this needs to look professional and having three browser windows open does not potray a good image to potential clients/customers.

Ok then I guess you will have to develop your own custom "wallboard", seen others doing it with Call Control API susccessfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.