Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Customising BLFs on Yealink phones to add record button

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Alano O'Connor, Feb 26, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alano O'Connor

Hi all,
    I am trying to customise our Yealink Txxx templates so we can add a record button to the BLFs. Does anyone know the procedure on how to implement this? 3CX have a KB article on customisation, but nothing specific on the record button or how to actually implement. I have made what I think is the correct changes, but I do not get the option to add the needed BLF.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

I do not think you can setup a record button on the Yealink phone, record button is only available on the 3CX client / web client

I maybe wrong

3. Alano O'Connor

Oh it can be done alright. By using the phone's ui, you can add a record button via the Dsskey tab, and using this button will activate the 3CX record feature. It works great. The problem is that every time the phone is updated or reprovisioned by 3CX, the button gets overwritten. So what I'm looking to do is use a custom template for the Yealink so that 3CX provisions it, rather than using the phone ui.

4. mixig

mixig Active Member

5. Alano O'Connor

Post #6 in the thread above is certainly what I am looking for, thanks. However, when I make this modification (to a new template for the Yealink) and provisioning a phone with it, nothing happens. And I'm not really sure what should be happening. Should modifying the template put the new blf button on my phone automatically? Or should it give me the option in the dropdown list of blfs?

6. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Creating a custom template simply allows you to modify the config file that 3CX passes onto the phone upon provisioning.
    There won't be any dropdowns or anything like that, you will have to manually make changes to the config file according to the correct values as outlined in the Yealink admin manual. FYI, making a mistake in the template could cause your phone to not provision at all, or even cause errors in the Management Console.
    A good reference on how to create custom templates can be found here: https://www.3cx.com/docs/custom-ip-phone-templates/
    (read section "Important: Custom Templates & Support" though)

7. rfcomms

Here is one I made earlier, for a T46, using line key 5 for "Record".

When using this template, just avoid using BLF key 5.

The code is:-
    linekey.5.type = 25

Attached Files:

8. Alano O'Connor

Hi, thanks for posting that. I have loaded it up and re provisioned my T48 with it. But I'm not sure what to do next: I can of course avoid using blf5, but I need the button to have a label for record.Are you saying that once using this template, I can configure the button via the Yealink UI and if configured on blf5, it will not overwrite?
    Many thanks

9. rfcomms

Apologies, correct code enclosed. I think a recent 3CX update overwrote my original. That is the problem with customising and then having so many updates going on. Need to keep tabs.

Enter this below, but you will have to label the keys manually, as I could not find a way to do that.

#Configure Line Key5
    {IF blf5}
    linekey.5.line = %%Line%%
    linekey.5.value = %%type%%
    linekey.5.pickup_value = %%PickupValue%%
    linekey.5.type = %%DKtype%%
    linekey.5.label = %%label%%
    linekey.5.extension = %%PickupValue%%
    {ELSE}
    linekey.5.type = 25
    {ENDIF}

If anyone else knows, let us know.

#9 rfcomms, Feb 28, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  10. Alano O'Connor

Hi,
    this has worked perfectly for me. Adding linekey.5.label - Record puts the label on the button as well.
    One thing that caught me out is there various sections of the file, pertaining to the different models: I had initially modified the wrong section.
    Thanks so much for your help with this!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.