Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Customize IVR with additional options

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Chib@voip, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Chib@voip

I know this is a long shot, but how about adding more customizations to the IVR?

I mean this:
    Currently you can set up an IVR , choose 0-9, send to... and thats it.

Other PBXs can customize these options with, for example; prepend with name...,send to..... based on time interval..., if caller ID is... then... etc.

Our customer wanted something simple:

First a main IVR with 2 options: consumers and businesses.
    a Consumer IVR with 5 options: 1 for support, 2 for sales etc.
    a Business IVR with 5 options: 1 for inquires, 2 for support etc.

Have just 2 Queues, 1 for Consumers, 1 for Businesses. (each agent can pickup all calls)
    But the options chosen in the IVR by the caller should be displayed in the agents` phone display like: support , sales etc.

The problem I encountered is that I had to make 10 Queues, so that the names of the queues will be displayed on their phone displays. There is no option in the IVR to do anything else rather than a simple forward.

Wouldnt it be easier to configure: Option 1: prepend name/append name with ...... send to queue .....

and I would even go a step further, include multiple Time intervals... prepend name... send to queue ... if in time interval....