• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Customize T46G template

Status
Not open for further replies.

engin411

Customer
Reaction score
What's the best procedure to find someone to customize the default template? Can 3CX support do this if I have a support contract? Anyone on these forums do this for a fee?

What sort of customizations are you wanting?

I want to customize the 10 line keys, the 4 programmable keys, and the 18 other keys in the other 2 available screens, plus the EXP40 extension.
Basically, I just want the template to do the work for me instead of having to set these buttons in 30 different web GUI's for each phone.

You can modify the template inside 3CX if you want to. The most important thing is to save the modified template with a new name ( e.g. Yealink T46G admin) because 3CX will overwrite the base templates when updates or service packs are released. Then go into Phone Provisioning on each extension and assign them to the modified template and reprovision those phones. At some clients we have 3 or 4 templates to suit different departments.

Dave P.

Understood. My biggest need is for the actual code that goes in the template. I don't know the code, although if there is a document somewhere that lists the Yealink code structure, I don't mind learning.
I'm willing to pay someone to do the actual template edits as well.

If you just want to customize the buttons, pull up the Yealink T46G template in the 3CX console and do a find for 'linekey' (without quotes). This will bring you to the section of the template that controls the 3 pages of BLF keys on the phone. You'll see most of the entries under this section look something like:

{IF blf1}
linekey.3.line = %%Line%%
linekey.3.value = %%blf1%%
linekey.3.pickup_value =
linekey.3.type = %%DKtype%%
linekey.3.label = %%blffirstname1%% %%blflastname1%%
linekey.3.extension = %%PickupValue%%
{ELSE}
linekey.3.type = 0
{ENDIF}

Note that the If/Else is 3CX logic which is tested when 3CX uses the template to build an actual provisioning file for a specific phone. Since you don't want to use the BLF definitions in 3CX for each extension, you can get rid of the If/Else structure as well as the 3CX variables (in double %%) so you end up with this:

linekey.3.line =
linekey.3.value =
linekey.3.pickup_value =
linekey.3.type =
linekey.3.label =
linekey.3.extension =

Now, you can populate these items for each of the 27 BLF keys as you want. A few things:
1. Note that lines start with an index of 0, so for key types that require you to define a line, the linekey.x.line value would be 0 for line 1.
2. linekey.x.value is the value of the key. For a BLF, this is the extension number (or shared parking space) you're watching, for speeddial this is the number you want the button to dial, etc.
3. linekey.x.type is the key type (see below)
4. linekey.x.label is how you want the button labeled on the phone display
5. linekey.x.extension is actually the pickup code. So for example, if you wanted to do directed call pickup of a BLF, you would put the pickup code (*20*) in the linekey.x.extension field.

As for linekey types, here's the list I've put together:
0 Empty
1 Conference
2 Forward
3 Transfer
4 Hold
5 DND
7 Call Return
8 SMS
9 Directed Pickup
10 Call Park
11 DTMF
12 Voicemail
13 Speed Dial
14 Intercom
15 Line
16 BLF
17 URL
18 Group Listening
22 XML Group
23 Group Pickup
24 Multicast Paging
25 Record
27 XML Browser
34 Hot Desking
35 URL Record
38 LDAP
40 Prefix
41 Zero-Touch
42 ACD
45 Local Group
50 Keypad Lock

In the template, the section below Line Keys is Programmable keys, which is both your 4 soft keys at the bottom of the display and the hard buttons on the phone. programmablekey.1 through programmablekey.4 are the soft keys.

Below the Programmable Keys section in the template is the Expansion Module section. Setting keys for the expansion modules works just like the linekeys - the only difference is that since you an have multiple expansion modules, you need to specify the expansion module and the line number in the config file.

expansion_module.x.key.y.type =
expansion_module.x.key.y.line =
expansion_module.x.key.y.value =
expansion_module.x.key.y.extension =
expansion_module.x.key.y.label =

In the above lines, X indicates the expansion module (1-16) and Y indicates the button you are setting.

As Dave suggested, you'll want to save your changes to a new template name so you don't lose the customizations the next time you update your 3CX install.

HTH!

Chad

Goodness. You bet it helps! Thanks.

I have made great progress, thank you!
Stuck now on custom softkeys. The template says:
#Customize the softkeys presented on the phone LCD screen when Callfailed, Callin, Connecting, Dialing, Ringback and Talking.
#Before using these parameters, you should store the desired XML files to the provisioning server.

I've googled for 15 minutes on this, but no luck. I found an XML file for custom softkeys for the Yealink T38G phone, but wasn't sure if that is still an accurate example for the T46G.

My only need right now is to have the right-hand (4th) softkey always be a speed dial button labeled PAGE. The template in 3CX is easy enough to set for this button to show when the phone is in standby, but of course, during dialing or after putting a caller into a park slot, different softkeys appear, and changing the softkeys for "on talk" or "talking" (changing these keys in the 3CX template, that is) is where I'm stumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.