Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Customizing Contact URI parameter

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jitdor, Jul 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jitdor

My provider has recently upgraded their back end system and I am starting to see failed REGISTER requests from my 3CX due to invalid digest response.

After capturing and tracing the SIP handshake traffic, I have noticed a different Contact URI parameter is used: instead of the normal "rinstance=some_random_hex" field, the successful REGISTER request (from their SIP device) has "line=xxxxx" in the Contact URI parameter. And the xxxxx seems to be tied to my account, as it remains the same throughout different sessions.

Obviously the next logical step is to configure 3CX to behave like the provider's SIP device by sending the same parameter. But I do not see the Contact URI parameter as a changeable variable in the current 3CX version. Is there a way I can manipulate this to the desired string?

Thank you!

2. Charles_3CX

Charles_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi There, Can you open a support ticket for this issue? We will then be able to request information so we can investigative it for you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.