Customizing Phonebook XML

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sed74, Jan 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sed74

Hi.

In our office we're running 3CX platform with SNOM D715 phones, and we're trying to take the best out of the 3CX phonebook.
    We have no problem with Windows and mobile app, but we do have issues with desktop phones as we are not able to fully synch 3CX phonebook to the phone.
    What we achieved so far is to have ONE single number per contact, so we have to insert into 3CX server one entry for office number, one for mobile number etc...
    Plus we noticed that if we do not write anything in the first number field in the 3CX phonebook, that contact is not exported to the phone.

Since both 3CX and D715 support multi number per contact, I was wondering if it's possibile to sync 3CX multinumber phonebook directly to D715 phones, maybe customizing some templates....

I analyzed the D715 provisioning template and I found out that in the Phonebook section it refers to a snom_phonebook.xml file: is there a way to customize this file?
    Is there a way to instruct 3CX to create this file with different rules/information?

Or, in general, is there a better way to store 3CX multinumber phonebook to the SNOM D715 phones?

Thanks in advance.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I was asking about this a couple of months ago and the answer I got was that 3CX only creates on Phonebook file per phone manufacturer that is used by all models. Now because some models, usually the smaller ones, do/did not support multiple numbers per entry, the Phonebook file was built only to have one number.

I was also trying to come up with some sort of work-around for this, but all other file in the provisioning dir also only get populated with 1 phone number as well per entry, so you cannot somehow create your own XML, change it in the template and the phones load it from there, the 3CX Phone apps load the Phonebook dynamically from the Presence link.

All I can recommend is posting this as a feature request in the 'Ideas' section of the forum.

3. sed74

Thanks a lot for your prompt answer.

I'll try and ask it as a new feature.

Thanks again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.