Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

#CXPhone with CTI in a remote office

Discussion in 'Windows' started by fisheye, Oct 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fisheye

We're having intermittent issues with 3CXPhone for Windows with a CTI phone attached, in a remote office with a Raspberry Pi SBC. The message we get is "3CX Phone for Windows could not establish a connection to the 3CX Phone System Web API. As a result, features like Contacts and presence information will not be available. You can still make and receive Phone Calls via SIP whilst we try and re-establish full functionality in the background."
    We've checked the antivirus and set up exceptions for 3cxphone, and recycled the 3CX Application Pool in IIS. Any suggestions?

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi there,
    Is your web port openned and forwarded to the PBX ? You must ensure it is reachable from the remote site for presence/provisioning/contacts/etc..

Please note that CTI mode is only supported for local extensions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. fisheye

Re: 3CXPhone with CTI in a remote office

Thanks Pierre.
    Firewalls are all configured correctly, and the other phones in the branch all work fine.
    Are there any known issues with SBC on the Raspberry Pi?
    It's rather disconcerting to learn that CTI is only supported locally. Will it be supported in a future release? A cloud-based 3CX system is going to be pretty ham-strung without it.

4. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi there,
    I understand this can be disapointing but that's how it has always been and is documented this way too.
    Please post it as a feature request on 3CX Ideas or see if idea exists already so you can add a vote to it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Lutz.Toebben

I had the same issue... An I really struggeled with it... We are using 3cx Phone for Windows at the office in both (CTI and phone) without problems... At Home I am running a notebook connected in tunnel Mode... SPI works fine... but I didn´t get any other Information as Call history for example. All presentinforamtion are were not working... I tried a lof configuring the firewall.. I then tried the local Administrator... configured profile and suprise .. It´s working... I didn´t believe It´s the matter of rights... so I just deleted the 3cx Profil in the User´s AppData Directory... After that i first had to create a new account ... and then FINE.. WORKING... :mrgreen:
    greetings Lutz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.