D-Link DVG 1402S

Discussion in 'Windows' started by tobiastromm, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tobiastromm

tobiastromm New Member

This ATA (D-Link DVG 1402S) works with 3CX to make and receive calls?

D-link Simulator: http://www.dlink.com.br/internet/suporte/Emuladores/DVG/DVG-1402S/DVG-1402S/html/HomeWizard57a0.html

Has someone this ATA?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It will, but it's very crude. They can also be temperamental with 3CX at times. I have several (they were on sale for $10 each but I had to install the SIP firmware, I think they were 1402M versions from AT&T) and gave up on them a long time ago. They will display caller ID but not the correct time as there is no place to set an NTP server.They are not NAT friendly.there is no place to data-fill STUN so they can only be used on the local LAN, no remote extensions, unless it picks up a public IP (not behind a router). Be sure that yours is unlocked, most were supplied for service with a particular VoIP provider.

3. tobiastromm

tobiastromm New Member

It's stable?

Has a good voice quality?

What ATA can I use with 3CX? Can you say some example ATA? What the best choice?

Have you see the simulator? There is a place to configure STUN Server...

And to configure the NTP Server:

Attached Files:

• IMG1.png
      IMG1.png
      File size:
      216.1 KB
      Views:
    • STUN.png
      STUN.png
      File size:
      189.6 KB
      Views:
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If yours has STUN and NTP, that is news to me. I guess the SIP firmware that I upgraded mine to was an older version. Since you already have the unit (I assume), you might as well go with it. If you are looking for another device, one of the least expensive on the market is the Grandstream HandyTone 286 (HT286). It all depends what you are willing to spend an what features you want. The Linksys SPA2102 is a very good two line unit.

5. tobiastromm

tobiastromm New Member

I don´t have the unit yet.

I want to buy this month.

SPA 2102 is too expensive to me.

D-Link and Grandstream has the same price. I think D-Link is more beautiful, have two ports and I have experience with the mark.

If you say that D-link work with 3CX I prefer D-link...

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Being SIP, there should be no problem. If you don't need the router portion I would recommend setting it to bridge mode. Go on-line and search for reviews of the unit. It has been around for quite a while. You do get what you pay for.

7. tobiastromm

tobiastromm New Member

Hi leejor,

I buy the DVG 1402S.

All works fine, except the call transfer.

Have you try? Works for you?

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I haven't tried (or used) the ones I have, for quite a while. The SIP firmware that I converted mine to, a number of years ago is old, it doesn't even have STUN. These adapters (for the most part) were intended to provide VoIP service to residential customers, so it doesn't really surprise me that a transfer (flash) doesn't work.

There could be another way to make it work, and hopefully someone else here or on another forum (do some searching) knows how, but being an older device, I wouldn't hold out too much hope.

9. tobiastromm

tobiastromm New Member

Hi Leejor,

I`m making some progress...

I (A) make some call (B), then I press flash and call the second number(C), press flash again and I can connect the 3 calls (A + B + C).

The problem is when I disconnect the the A. (The call is ended, B + C disconnect too).

Any idea?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.