Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

dail and sound

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by yanirda, Aug 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yanirda

hello all,
    when i dail *3031,
    i get message about free adition and all, why is that?
    this is regular shurt number for one of our provider...

how can i change the waiting sond in incoming calls?
    and last question is how i make an ivr chose
    (for sale press 1 for support press 2 and so on..how it is call?)

thank you all for shareing and helping!

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I believe you already asked these questions earlier and an answer was provided. I any event:

Are you using the free version or a paid version of 3cx? Not all the features are available in the free version. This might explain the message. Further, as indicated earlier, the *3 is used as a dial code to indicate a status. You need to read the manual and then go to the setting and change the code so that *3 is no longer used as a dial code.

As far as setting up an IVR, look at this:
    http://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/ivr-digi ... eptionist/

Sorry, I am uncertain what you want with waiting sound. I think you mean music on-hold?

3. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Yes I beliieve you are referring to musinc on hold you can make that change in the Management Console-->Settings-->General-->from there you will see the music on hold files you can add new ones and take away old ones. The IVR is called Digital Receptionist in the management console you can download the user admin manual this will walk you throught the steps of recording and uploading the file to the 3cx system. since you are using the free version you will not be able to record directly from an extension, which is also going to be the same reason why you are receiving that error message as Indeblett indicated you will need to change the dial code.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Sometimes, I don't know why I reply - if they are just going to ask the same question again. Did he expect a better/different answer?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I do see mention in this post of the * code being a command for his provider. In that case, it sounds like the Outbound Rule is not setup properly.
    Try putting an Outbound Rule
    Calls to numbers starting with prefix: *3031
    Calls to numbers with length of: 5

And set the route to use the correct provider. If you have another rule with a length of 5, this one should appear above it so it takes precendence.

6. yanirda

thank you all,
    i will do the above and come back for update...

7. yanirda

OK,
    the IVR (digital receptionist) is working grate, i start play with him and it very easy...
    when i call *3031,
    i hear the sound "this feuter is not available in the free 3cx version"

why?
    it is a shurt number..

can i do somthing that the phone will call * numbers?

thnx

8. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

This has already been answered a couple of times, but I will try one last time -

See the attached link:
    www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/dial-codes/

Numbers that begin with *3 are considered to be dial codes by 3CX. The dial code is used to control a specific function, but in the free edition dial codes are not supported. This is why you are getting the message.

You may be able to get around the issue by:

1. Going to the settings, advanced, dial codes and then changing the existing entry for *3 to something else, say *7 or *8.
    If this is greyed out, meaning that 3cx will not allow you to change due to the free edition, then you may need to go to settings, advanced, custom parameters and find the parameter dialcodeprofile and change it here.

2. As an alternative method, you could modify your outbound rule such that instead of a *, your people dial a 9. The 9 directs the call to the outbound route you want whereupon you strip 1, and then perpend with the *. This effectively prevents 3cx from seeing the *3 and allowing it to interpret it as a dial code as it will instead see 93, but because of the strip and pretend what will actually be sent on the route itself will be the *3.

Look at the link I attached and failing that read the manual and do a blog search.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.