Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Dail Codes

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jasonhayes, May 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonhayes

jasonhayes New Member

I'm having problems using the 3CX dial codes. nothing happens. I think it is our hand sets (which are hnad me downs) AVAYA 4610 SW. If I dial for example *9xx, nothing happnes. I know the codes are working as I replaced *9 with just 9 and it worked, however the 3CX tells you they must have * in front of every code. Can anyone help?

Also what has happened to the forum this morning, I can find the Search box anywhere, I tried to search to see if anyone had asked this question before,

2. paul.hadley

paul.hadley New Member

I had a similar problem with some Linksys PAP2 adapters, these support "Vertical Service Activation Codes" which all start with a "*" so if a dial code that also existed in the adapter was used the adapter took the code rather than sending it to the PBX.

For example if a PBX had a code *78 to access email this would work fine from say a polycom phone, however on a PAP2 this is the "Do Not Disturb Code" so dialed from a PAP2 you didn't get voice mail but put the phone into DND mode.

I would guess that your phone uses special features "*" codes for certain functions so you either need to switch off these codes in the phone or change any that conflict with ones you want to use on the PBX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.