Solved Daily update on debian downloads BETA

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Rob24h, Nov 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob24h

Hi Guys,

When we perform our daily apt-get update && apt-get upgrade we also seem to be downloading the BETA.
    Why is this? We don't want to switch to SP2 until its final but we want to keep our Debian safe by daily updates.

Why did you guys put the BETA in the live repo?
    As i can recall you did this in SP1 too and promised not to do it again...

comms1 likes this.
  2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

That is true, moving forward we are planning on requiring an extra parameter switch to upgrade willingly to the Beta update when it's out but for the time being an update and upgrade will also upgrade 3CX to Beta.

It is worth noting however that Linux does offer ways of performing apt-get upgrade on all packages except certain ones you select by "holding" them, just don't forget you did this when you actually want to upgrade...

3. Rob24h

Ok, thats good to know, I will lookup the command to upgrade Debian without the 3cx package.

Other question (also related to this): I have a VPS on 15.0 and I want it to update to the latest stable version (I think it is 15.5 SP1). How can I do that?

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

First from command line run apt-get update.

Then you can run: apt-cache policy 3cxpbx
    This will return a list of all the versions of that package that are available online in the repository.

Then once you find the version number you want, you run: apt-get install 3cxpbx=[version number you want...]
    e.g. apt-get install 3cxpbx=15.5.3849.1

The last one happens to be what you need to run to install SP1, but this is a general guide if you need to do so in the future as well with another version if the need arises.

5. jvivona

@Rob24h - the command to hold the 3cxpbx package from updates via APT is:

apt-mark hold 3cxpbx

@NickD_3CX - thanks for this - I didn't know how to do this, was building a client environment today and couldn't figure out how to get the current GA version installed instead of the beta. SUPER TIMELY!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.