Data entry using DMTF tones ...

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by juanky, Jun 13, 2007.

1. juanky

Hello,
    I'd like to use the PBX to offer call support to my customers..

Program a Digital Recepcionist with something like

' Wellcome to Call Suppor, please introduce your support code '

The customer type his code (i.e 555387 ) and depending the code introduced the systen route to an extension or other...
    Also thas customer support codes could be in a database....

Resuming, Is possible to make a more complex Digital Recepcionist programation than a key menu options....???

Thanks in advance...

2. silentfun

silentfun Member

i will do something like this.

atm i have a Interactive voice system as extension that do this functionality for me. but it only run from a sip extension not from outside. if i solve this i can give you the info for build the same system.

i have only some problems with the DTMF because if he get them from sipphone he disable the dtmf recognition on the mediaserver. but i need them on the extension.

DTMF (SIP INFO) from 217.10.68.71:52280 arrived. in-band DTMF tone detection is turned off

my question to 3cx is can i overide that he will turn DTMF off? or what can i do that the DTMF from a client fom a inbound call to 3cx via mediaserver trough a DR to a SIP Extension will arrive at the extension?

thanx

3. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

silentfun, why do you need Media Server to recognize DTMF? It will not pass them to your app anyway. Still, it doesnt (and cannot) remove in-band DTMF. SIP INFO DTMF should be passed by thru PBX no matter if MS recognize something or not.
    JFYI, MS turns off in-band DTMF recognition if there's another DTMF transport been used (OOB or SIP INFO). It is done to remove DTMF duplicates.

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Juanky,

What you want to develop is an actual voice application. There are voice application toolkits and generators that do this. Its not something that a PBX does.

5. juanky

What application toolkits do you recommend ??

Thanks...