Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Data Execution Prevention (DEP) Issue with Vista64

Discussion in 'Windows' started by jjspyder, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjspyder

I am having an issue with Data Execution Prevention on the VOIP softphone client. I use Windows Vista64 and I have it set to "Turn on DEP for essential windows programs and services only." However, whenever I hit the green call button, the program crashes and I get a message in the taskbar saying DEP has protected my system. When I call a pre-saved speed dial, however, the program works fine. Transfers also seems to work fine. I only have the problem with numbers I manually enter for a new call. I was having this problem with version 6 of VOIP client and I just installed version 7 and I am still having the same problem. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program. Nothing works. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Also, if I may, I would like to post a wishlist for the VOIP client:
    1. add a conference button
    2. allow one click transfers to a speed dial or extension in the speed dial window on the right (I always have to manually enter the extension to transfer. It would be a lot easier to hit transfer and click the extension)

Jason

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.