DATABASE Questions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by markwright, Apr 18, 2007.

1. markwright

We have been working with other Solutions (3com, Allworx, Zultys) and just downlaoded 3CX. This is our first attepmt at a software PBX on windows, we get an error that the database is unreachable. I understand from the guide that there is a database built into the software. System log keeps saying that the DB is refusing connection and is unreachable.....HELP

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi,

We have never had this error before. Does the user who installed the system have admin rights? Can you check if the 3CX database service is started?

3. markwright

DB

Yes we have admin rights, here is the deal, our windows guy is not a voip guy, and I am not a windows person, We would love to get this working and see if we could start selling some services and this as a solution. But of course we need to get it working in the lab first, We have about 500 SIP based phones instock to test it with,,,LOL

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi Mark,

500 phones to test with ? Different models? Very interesting :)

I will check about this tomorrow (i am based in Europe) Meanwhile you can check if the database service is running from Administrative tools > Service > 3CX services should show up at the top, amongst which a database service (which is postgres btw)

5. markwright

DB

Well they are not all different models, but as a VoIp reseller we have a lot of stuff instock, Polycom, Grandsteam, zultys, linksys, zyxel, etc. we have about 500 SIp phones total in house (NEW) and about 30 TEST PHONES

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Markwright.

Something silly but cannot hurt to try, reboot windows :).

Ok a little more info if you have it would be good. For example:

- Windows version (eg w2k3)
    - any other web servers (services) running eg IIS (very common), PHP, Apache etc.
    - Any other databases running for example SQL etc.

Thanks

7. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi Mark,

Did you check about the service running and try to start it manually? If not please send me these logs

"C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Logs\"
    And database log files from
    "C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\DB\pg_log\"

You can also generate them by going to the support page General > Support, and then clicking on generate support info and sending me these by email to ng at 3cx.com

Then i will follow it up