Database server service not running

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Kato, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kato

I have a problem with the postgresql database server service.
    The installation of the phonesystem works fine. All necessary services have been created and are running except the service for the database. For this a special user has been createad and I am aware of the fact that this is necessary because the database will not run under admin priveliges.
    However the created user does not have admin priveliges and still the servise will not start.

The event log clearly says that the service cannot run with a user with admin rights. I unstalled and reinstalled it for 4 times now. I have deleted this user and recreated it. No change. I have checked inherited user memberships but there are non.
    The created user is member of an unpriveliged group. So I have no clues whats going on there.

The problem occurs on a Win2003 enterprise server with SP1. Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks

2. Kato

I did 2 more installations. One on a SBS 2003 in a vmware the other on a winxp pro in a vmware.
    The XPpro installation went fine without any problems. The database server service started.

On the SBS however I have experienced the same problem. The database server service will not start.
    I wonder if this issue is connected to the servers being domain controllers.

Is there anybody who can confirm this behaviour?

3. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

Try to give full control of 3cx folder to the user that 3cx created. I was having some problems here has well, and doing that solved them imediatly..

Cheers

4. Kato

THANK YOU!!!!!

miraportuga, you are my personal hero!!!
    That solved it for me. Still there was a small issue regarding the credentials for the admin console. But I was able to solve that on my own.
    Finally its up and running. And as the isntallation on a WINXP pro machine didnt cause any problems I believe there is some kind of a bug that causes not setting the priveliges for the created user properly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.