Database Service wont start Error 193:0xc1

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by TelicaIT-SG, Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TelicaIT-SG

Hi All,

Thought I would post this up to save anyone else the 3.5 hours of downtime my customer has just had to endure on their 3CX system.

The problem was that the 3CX Database Service would not start giving an error of "Error 193:0xc1"

I tried uninstalling and re-installing the Software but always got the following error during installation:

Product: 3CX PhoneSystem -- Error 1721. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action: UnpackCluster.exe, location: C:\ProgFiles\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\DB\, command: "C:\ProgFiles\3CX PhoneSystem\Data\DB\cluster_60.exe"

The reason for both issues is that in the root of the drive that the 3CX is installed on there was a file there called "programs" with no file extension. I renamed the file to have an extension .old and hey presto all services started up as they should and the customer is now slightly happier :)

Cheers

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.