• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Date and Time Setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enoch

Customer
Reaction score
This morning I came into the office to find the Cisco 7940 phone has the correct date, but the time is a hour off (a hour slow). Now I do have DST setup within 3CX 12.5 (Phone Provisioning > General > Daylight Saving Time) and the set date to change back to regular time is correctly set (Nov 1, 2015). So the phone itself shouldn't have adjust the time just yet. Now in the SIP cnf file it seem the settings are wrong.

#Setting for Timezone and DST, Option GMT,CET,EET,BT,IT,ZP4,AFG,ZP5,IST,ZP6,SUM,WAST,HST,JST,CAST,EAST,EADT,NZST,IDL,NT,AHST,IMT,YST,PST,MST,CST,EST,AST,NST,BST,AT,WAT
sntp_server: "10.0.1.1"
sntp_mode: unicast
time_zone: "PST"
dst_offset: 1
dst_start_month: March
dst_start_day_of_week: Sun
dst_start_week_of_month: 8
dst_start_time: 01
dst_stop_month: Oct
dst_stop_day_of_week: Sun
dst_stop_week_of_month: 8
dst_stop_time: 02
dst_auto_adjust: 1
time_format_24hr: 1
date_format : M/D/Y

Now I'm not trying to fix the above, but my question is, i have an NTP server, can I just disable the DST setting in 3CX and the Cisco Phone and allow the NTP to adjust the time correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.