Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Day Light Savings Time

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by PrintWest, Mar 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrintWest

Our Yealink (T42G) phones this morning didn't update to DST. I checked the 3CX PBX software (v12) and realized that the daylight savings time wasn't set to change until tomorrow (3/11), which is the correct day for 2012 (must be the default).

So I updated the Daylight Savings Time StartTime setting (in Phone Provisioning) to this morning at 10AM (in one hour). Now it's been a couple hours after that and our phones are still 1 hour behind.

I restarted one phone and that one does have the correct time now. I don't have to reset every phone do I?

2. TSlocum

TSlocum New Member

Yes, you'll need to reset every phone. You can do this easily by going to Phones on the left side of the management console, highlighting all the phones, and clicking Reboot on the top.

3. layton

Yealink phones support automatic DST. If you download the Yealink AutoProvisioning template from Yealink's support site, that zip file includes the auto DST xml file with the DST settings for each time zone.

Save the AutoDST.xml file to your custom provisioning directory on the 3CX server.

Then on the 3CX server, update the provisioning template for your Yealink devices and change:
    local_time.summer_time = %%dstEnableDisable%%
    to
    local_time.summer_time = 2

This results in the Yealink phone using automatic DST from the xml file on the server instead of the On/Off DST setting in the General Tab of the phone provisioning page in 3CX.

By default, the Yealink templates include the path to the AutoDST.xml file, but I'd check to make sure this line is in the template just to be safe:

auto_dst.url =http://%%pbx_ip%%:%%pbx_http_port%%/provisioning/%%PROVSUBDIR%%/AutoDST.xml

Reprovision your phones, and you should never have to worry about DST on them again (unless the current DST start/end rules change at some time in the future, in which case the AutoDST.xml file will need to be updated to reflect those changes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.