• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane_Blackwell

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm back and this time the topic of discussion is the inbound DDI (or DID as its presented here) rules.

I've got a SIP trunk setup and have two different DDI ranges with 10 numbers per range. The last 2 digits matching but other than that its seperate area codes and numbers.

So I thought I'd setup an inbound range for each DDI range (consisting of the 10 numbers), then be able to play around with them later on. One thing I've noticed is the range can't see to be allocated individually, by that I mean when I select a service (extension, reception or whatever) it's locked down to a single selection from the DID dropdown.

Is there no way to setup a wild card mask for the DID range in the SIP trunk, and then be allowed to individually doll out the specific numbers?

I'm probably missing a step here, I've watched the latest and previous videos for the Inbound rules and nothing springs out at me. Granted it was done for each DDI seperately, so maybe they have to be allocated individually.

Hello @Shane_Blackwell

Please note that you cannot allocate a range of DIDs in the inbound rules. They have to allocated individually or prepare a csv file and import them to the PBX.
All DIDs that are not specified in the indound rules will route to the main trunk number destination. Hope this helps

Hello YiannisH_3CX,

Thank you for clarifing that, I do have a few follow up questions.

Is there anyway a translation rule / pattern (sorry Cisco brain on at the moment) be setup to allow for automatic pattern matching on dialed numbers to automatically route the calls.

So an example would be

I have a range of DDIs ending in 12XX, I want to be able to then route it to a range of services say for the extension range of 1XX. So anything coming in for a matching DDI will automatically route to the extension of 1XX?

Also following on from that, can there be a setup of translation rules to then change the number to another, so if there's a match to 101 and its assigned to a forwarding rule to 801 to be used as an auto attendant / reception?

I'm just wondering if there is a way to handle larger DDI ranges without having to create an individual DDI on the trunk to then be setup as an inbound rule / added manually to an extension. As if theres hundreds (short of the csv you mentioned) I see this being a lot of manual working

Adding the DDI on the trunk using a CSV is very quick as its simple to create a range on a spreadsheet. To do an automatic forwarding to an extension (even with exceptions) would be very easy using the CFD. Send incoming calls through the CFD, check the dialled number (DID) then based upon the DID you can redirect to extensions based on a pattern or you could create a database (or possibly even just a text file) to redirect any DID to any Ext.

Adding the DDI on the trunk using a CSV is very quick as its simple to create a range on a spreadsheet. To do an automatic forwarding to an extension (even with exceptions) would be very easy using the CFD. Send incoming calls through the CFD, check the dialled number (DID) then based upon the DID you can redirect to extensions based on a pattern or you could create a database (or possibly even just a text file) to redirect any DID to any Ext.

To confirm, what do you mean by CFD? (I would typically think this is call forward but I'm thinking it may be Call Flow Designer aka ACD) How / where do you setup the call forwards then? The snag being is I'm running a trial license, so I can't run the additional services which it what I'm now begging to expect is the limitation.

Yes the Call Flow Designer. https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/cfd-installation/
You would need the pro licence to be able to use it though, however as you are looking for a production environment it may be worth just buying a 4 line copy of 3CX to test the pro functionality. However you can download the CFD and try it out (building call flows), you just can't upload the finished result and try it in your actual system.

In the CFD you would do something like - Check if DID is available, use an inbuilt function to get the last two digits of the DID, append the first digit of the extension and then transfer the call to that.
Otherwise if you went the database route you would compare the DID to the first column in your database and then read the extension number from the second column and transfer to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Basem Askar
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.