Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

DDI's......

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by adamsc75, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adamsc75

Hi all,

I need some help before I tear my hair out, its a looong story!

Let me give you some bakground....

I am using VoIPOn as my VoIP provider and have ordered 4 additional geographic numbers from them. My aim is to have these numbers ring directly on designated extensions... DDI's! Simple. I found a section on their site telling me how to redirect these numbers inorder to use them as DDI's and get the correct SIP information, shown below:

http://www.voipon.co.uk/faq/entry/23/257/

Go to http://www.voipon.co.ukClick on Login button and enter your user name and passwordClick on your incoming number from the list and
    a. Select “Route to External Provider” from Configuration option drop down list.
    b. Enter the string as “DDI-[your_voiponID-[Your DID number]”. Example string “DDI-84020777-08458609879”
    c. Enter “sip.voipon.co.uk” in VoIP Provider Domain field and click on route button

On 3CX admin page, click on Create DID.
    a. Enter your DID number in "DID/DDI number/mask" field
    b. Select your Office Hours routing. (In following example we are sending call to Extension 201)
    c. Select your Outside Office Hours routing. (In following example we are sending call to Extension 201)

Press Apply and test incoming and outgoing calls.

I did this, and when I make a call into one of my DDI's I get nothing.... just dead, there is nothing shown in the 3CX log (verbose mode). So I contacted VoIPOn support and they were very helpful, said that everything seems to be inorder on their end and they put me in touch with 3CX support. I spent quite a bit of time with 3CX support and they talked me through their setup of DDI's etc (nothing I hadnt tried already, but redid it all) and it started to work! Great stuff! I made a few test calls in and out and everything was great.... then it stopped... just all of a sudden, back to dead calls again. The 3CX guy said that even if the 3cx routing etc was wrong I should still get something showing in the log so it must be VoIPOn.... so I went back to VoIPOn and relayed the story. they checked everything again on their side and again everything checked out, but still only dead calls. I stripped out the 3cx config and redid it, no joy. Checked the voipon routing config, redid it, no joy. Later on I decided to strip out the 3cx ddi setup and try make an incoming call.... all of a sudden the log started to show all the correct info, the correct SIP info all was looking good. The calls were not being routed internally as I had not setup 3cx, but thats fine and I expected that. I decided that it must be 3cx at fault. So I played around reset up everything, configured the ddi setup... back to dead calls.... stripped out the 3cx config and thought I would go back to calls coming in correctly but not being routed as i had no setup and rethink things... but back to dead calls again... now I am thinking its the Voip provider!!

Help, calls are not logged in 3cx... is it the provider? ..... numbers have the correct routing from provider but sometimes work but mostly dont... is it 3cx?

All normal main numbers with no DDI routing work perfectly, and I can continue to make and receive calls in general with VoIPOn and 3CX, its ONLY the DDI's.

Can anyone assist? I have gone back and forth so much now and been looking at it so long, I cant help think maybe its something so basic and stupid but I am just not seeing it!

ANY assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Adam

2. pjr

pjr New Member

If it's not showing calls in 3CX and your VoIP provider are insistent they are sending calls - check your firewall config- are you able to see the calls hitting your firewall?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. adamsc75

Good idea, site is remote and a little difficult at the moment, but I am going to setup another temp 3cx for testing out some theories here in my office. I can easily monitor firewall traffic etc here, hopefully I can duplicate the issues/solutions!

4. TotallyVoIP

Re: DDI's......VoiPon Service Provider

I am having extreme difficulty in getting my two Voipon test numbers to work for DID/DDI.

I have been experiencing the exact same problems as previous posters, though sadly the resolutions are not posted...

With the basic standard configuration I can make and receive calls, but cannot get the DID/DDi to split/differentiate between the two inbound numbers, but I do get occassional and repeated trunk registration failure. For this I have now changed the settings>general>global>keep alives to ticked, and time will tell if this is going to work.

So, at this stage I have no call issues (when the trunk is up), if however I follow their FAQ for 3CX config of DID/DDI's here -
    https://www.voipon.co.uk/helpdesk/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=115&nav=0,1,13
    then no calls reach the 3CX system when inbound, and the 3cx system does not create a long, as they do not arrive.
    Change the settings back and all is OK (except you can't separate the inbound calls on the 2 numbers).

I've tried with no rules set up (ie deleted) and no trunk setup, recreated the 3CX settings step by step, testing each stage to see if anything shows on the logs, but when configured according to the VoiPon FAQ, nothing seems to get to the 3CX server.

I am assuming that the firewall issue is irelevant as I can get calls fine when I change the Voipon settings at their website back to default non-DID/DDI settings? Or is this a very poor assumption?

I'm sure there must be a simple fix for this, as they are an "approved" provider, there must be many users of their services.

I can forward screen grabs of the settings (redacted for security) if this will help?

Sadly since last Monday all I have got from VOIPon was :
    1. Tuesday - asking for an Asterix Log
    2. Thurday - an email stating if the account is not registered on the local PBX then I will not be able to receive calls

Despite an explicit support ticket with screen shots of the 3CX config, 3CX trunk up and down, their website configuration and the log for 3CX with trunk errors, clearly I am less than impressed witrh 5 days waiting, and can only hope their support improves, else it does not bode well for a long term reseller relationship (Good support is better than cheap product).

Any help greatly appreciated
    Richard Lukins

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.