DDO Configuration.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by wzaatar, Dec 27, 2007.

1. wzaatar

Hello,

I've successfully setup my DDI (Provider: DDI2.net) and SIP connection/audio works fine. Now, I'm trying to get it to run DO.

I can dial a number and it rings, when the called party picks up, I can't hear them and they can't hear me. I suspect it's a codec issue (Although DDI works perfectly well). I've set the config to try all 3CX supported codecs with no better result.

Any clues?

PS: The DDI2 FAQ mentions support for G729, G723 and G711.

Cheers,

Wadih

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

it could also be a firewall issue. Run the firewall checker to see that all is OK.

Note the free edition only supports G711. G729 is only supported in the commercial editions....

3. wzaatar

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Firewall check gives a pass on everything but port 9005, error: Used by 3CXPhoneSystem Web Server.

A quick question. If DDI is working, should DO work too? I am getting calls and audio is fine inward. It's the outgoing calls that have no audio at all.

Thanks again!

W.

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

So you can make inbound and outbound calls fine using DDI2.net But not using DO? I dont understand whta DO is, is that another VOIP provider? If it works with 1 VOIP provider but not with the other, then check the server status log to see what is going on. If it works with DDI2 then its not a firewall issue.

Best to use a supported VOIP provider....