• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

deadline v12

Status
Not open for further replies.

filipvds

Reaction score
Hi,

is there a deadline for the first version of v12? 1 month, 2 months, 6 months, ...

filip

I don't recall ever seeing an exact date for any of the previous releases. they come out when they come out. It will probably all depend on how well the Alpha works out , and how much more has to go into it before it is even ready for a Beta release.

I should add...version 11 is still (considered?) new enough that it still warrants it's own section in the Forums.

Perhaps, once it's merged with the general forum, they will be closer to a release date announcement.

From the last training conference, sounds like about September.. if it follows the normal path to release that is.. :)

How about:

When it's ready ;)

?

I have to agree. I like shiny new things as much as the next guy, but I definitely don't want to install a half-baked PBX. And given the overall that the client interface has seen, I think it needs some time yet.

at the moment we are busy testing 3CX. If the result is positive, we will buy 3CX. But I need to teach my users to use the myphone and 3cx phone. It would be totaly different if I have to teach them 1 application and if I need to order an upgrade insurance.

I also understand that the 3cxphone is still in alpha/beta, but don't get angry if I say that I'm not satisfied with the layout of the this new version. We would like to use the call center module. So we need the information in "myphone" or "3cxphone".

@filipvds

In view of your uncertainty of the layout of V12, I would suggest that you wait for it to go "gold" to understand whether it will be sufficient to suit your needs.

You could alternatively run with V11, as long as you understand that you will be unable to purchase/request support for V11 as soon as V13 is released (in about a year's time). If this is not acceptable, you may find yourself forced to choose an alternative IP-PBX.

In any case, many thanks for your interest in evaluating 3CX Phone System.

Just a little question:

if i order the upgrade insurance, do I only have the right to install service pack? Or can I also download/install automatically the new version (v12)?

filipvds said:
Just a little question:

if i order the upgrade insurance, do I only have the right to install service pack? Or can I also download/install automatically the new version (v12)?

Maintenance is good for 1 year of updates/upgrades - SP's, versions, patches,etc.

I'll add that you don't "have" to upgrade because you carry insurance/maintenance.
I have clients on maintenance still running on v8.. don't ask why.. non-technical reasons.

If/when they want to upgrade, they are entitled. Going from v8 to v12 would be an "interesting" upgrade in the least. ;) They're small enough that I could rebuild without too much effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.