• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Debian 9 Dependencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

dndx

Reaction score
Hello, I've been running 3CX on Debian 9 for some time.

According to the instructions on the website, I had to install a certain libcurl3 version (7.38.0-4+deb8u5). To prevent it from upgrading, I set it on "hold" with apt.
I have been getting error messages from 3CX saying that the new 3cxpbx (15.5.6354.2 -> 15.5.8801.3) depends on (according to apt list) the recent version of libcurl3 in the repositories. Because the website regarding referring to Debian Stretch still states that it requires the old version, I did not just want to un-hold it.
Is it safe to upgrade libcurl now or does it still require that old version as stated on the website?

Please note that this is a (at that time, clean) Debian 9 installation with 3CX installed on top of it. The 3CX-Stretch ISO has not been available when I installed it, and I have had massive problems with the 3CX-Jessie ISO.

Also, as a side-question, I am so confused about licensing. I have a Standard Perpetual (V15.5.0) SC4 license. I understand that after one year, I won't get updates anymore, but how? I mean, apt handles updates from the 3cx repository? The website now says that the annual Standard 4SC is free, but maintenance is 75€/y for perpetual? Consider me very, very confused, maybe someone can shed some light :)

Here is the update log:
Code:
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
3cxpbx : Depends: libcurl3 (>= 7.52.1) but 7.38.0-4+deb8u5 is to be installed
libcurl3 : Depends: libssl1.0.0 (>= 1.0.1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.
Rollback to 15.5.6354.2...
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
3cxpbx is already the newest version (15.5.6354.2).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.

Okay thank you, that means I can safely upgrade libcurl3 to the current version. I will make a backup and then upgrade.

I read a bit more about the license, am I correct that my Standard 4SC Perpetual License will be converted into a Standard 4SC Annual License permanently?

Okay thank you, that means I can safely upgrade libcurl3 to the current version. I will make a backup and then upgrade.

I read a bit more about the license, am I correct that my Standard 4SC Perpetual License will be converted into a Standard 4SC Annual License permanently?

If you have a paid 4 SC Std?, then nothing will happen.

Hi StefanW,
I pointed out that he has a bug with 3CX compilation Debian. Ticket ID: 180489 //
internal ID of the case is # 20881

https://downloads.3cx.com/downloads/debian9iso/debian-9.2.1-amd64-netinst-3cx.iso

Research and Development don’t have eta.. Is it normal that you continue to offer to download a compilation that contains an error?

Understand that I tell you this very respectfully. I would not want other people to experience the same troubles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.