Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Deciding outgoing route for Patton 4120

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by schut, Dec 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schut

Template for a SmartNode Patton 4120 (SN-4120 2-port ISDN/BRI - R6.x) adds 2 virtual-extensions under VoIP/PSTN Gateways. However, they both are nested under the name you give the Patton during the wizard.

In the Outbound Rules it is not possible to differentiate between these 2, so you can not choose over which BRI (port 1 or port 2) an outgoing call goes. Is support for this scenario added anytime soon in the Outgoing Rules or should I setup it differently ?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This probably entails manually configuring both the gateway, and the trunks in 3CX. You will have to configure two trunk groups, each pointing to the same IP (of the gateway), but to a different port.

This is assuming that the gateway has options allowing for the direct selection of each B channel.

3. schut

Thanks for the reply. I figured as much. It would be nice to have this functionality implemented without actually configuring it manually (and thus forfeiting the idea of "supported gateways").

Also:
    This is not what I need/want. The mentioned Patton 4120 has actually 2x physical BRI (=4x B channels). I simply want to choose over which BRI the outgoing call goes. This is not the same as a direct selection of a B channel.

There are quite a few good reasons why this functionality is very much wanted in different scenario's. I wonder where I can ask for future features ?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Right here... http://apps.facebook.com/threecxideas/

Unfortunately, you have to have (or have to create) a facebook account.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.