Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Decline Popup on Windows 10 disconnects active call

Discussion in 'Windows' started by tim942, Feb 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tim942

Good afternoon all,

I could not find a thread for this bug and I thought I should start one. We have rolled out Windows 10, and for the most part 3CX is behaving pretty well. The major issue we have is that if we are on an active call, and another call comes in, pressing decline on the notification pop-up disconnects the current call in CTI mode. The 3CX application has to be closed with just the taskbar icon running, otherwise the 3CX application in CTI mode does not react to the second call.

We are using 3CX v14 SP3 (issue was first noticed in SP2)
    Desktops have Windows 10 1511 (build 10586)
    Deskphones are Yealink T48G 35.80.0.70
    We have the ext able accept more than one call (use phone status)

2. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

Please disable the option “I want to be able to accept more than one call at the same time” and try again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tim942

Of course that fixes the symptom, but it is just a workaround. I'm looking at the phone logs and the 3CX application is sending an "Action(key=CALLEND)" to the phone when I hit the "DECLINE" button whether I am in a call or not. However, pressing "DIVERT TO VOICEMAIL" does not trigger this and the active call continues as expected. The 3CX application seems to be quite capable of handling multiple incoming calls in softphone mode as evident by the multiple Line keys, so why would CTI be that much different? Is it possible that "Action(key=REJECT)" could be used instead, or just if an active call exists?

EDIT:I submitted an idea at http://www.3cx.com/forums/allow-intelligent-call-control-via-win10-popup-44252.html

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Unfortunately in the current implementation CTI mode is not meant to work with multiple calls to an extension, this is also stated in the official manual:
    http://www.3cx.com/docs/3cxphone-deployment-administration/#h.yf3akapipoxr

5. tim942

I have been digging deeper, and yeah, it is actually sending the Reject CTI command for the Decline/Dropcall operations. It looks like its more the Yealink phone that is interpreting the command as EndCall instead of Reject. I have not been able to find much documentation on how CTI is implemented on the phone or what capabilities it can do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.