Decrease the volume of the "music for hold"

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jlabuelo, Jul 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlabuelo

Hi all

I am trying to set the volume of the "music for hold" song that we have configured in our 3CX system. We have tried to modify the mp3 file setting in there the volume much lower but still the 3CX system reproduces the song too laund and it is a little bit anoying for the people that is at the other side of the line.

Any ideas about how we can solve this?, Is there any configuration we are missing here?

Thanks a lot!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm not aware of any attenuation within 3CX. You should be able to (as you have tried), modify the file, to reduce the level.

Be sure that you are not using a programme, to edit the file, that attempts (may be an option that requires disabling) to "standardize" the volume of the MP3. You should be able to play the file on an MP3 player to confirm that the level has been reduced from the original, in other words. you need to turn up the volume, on the player, to hear the music.

3. jlabuelo

Hi thanks for the answer

I have decreased he volume of the file. When I reproduce the mp3 file in my pc or in other pcs the music sounds much lower than before, however when I place the file in the 3CX phone system, still the music sounds too high in the phone.

Any sugestion please? Is there anything we are doing wrong?

Thanks a lot in advance

4. gschwab

gschwab New Member

I'm not sure about changing an mp3 file. We had our MOH professionally done and it works fine but I do remember some older posts from someone saying they had good luck using a program called Audacity (google it) to edit and modify the files. Ours are not mp3 but .WAV files saved in PCM format, 9KHZ,16 bit mono.
    maybe something to try?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.