• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

DECT Antennas

Status
Not open for further replies.

linking13

Silver Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
A customer ask me to change its old PBX with a new 3CX installation, but actually there is a DECT structure based on 10 DECT antennas (for indoor and for outdoor) and this functionality is a must for the customer so I must find some devices that could replace the old antennas with new on SIP enabled.

I've found the AAstra DECT-IP RFP L32 and L34 as a good product, but I've never tested or seen it working directly on field. Anyone as an experience with the integration of DECT and 3CX that could give me some suggestion on what kind of device use and how to confiigure it?

Thanks

I have used DECT quite a bit. I am not familiar with this particular Aastra model. I looked at the spec sheet and while the verbiage used is SIP-DECT, I was somewhat surprised that it did not mention the SIP RFC specification. I suggest you get a confirmation as to which SIP and version just to be safe. I have used the Aastra 75xx series and they performed reasonably well. Have had no failures in over 4 years, but the battery in the handheld has been somewhat of a pain. It requires a special battery that is in the $20 range and whose life is about 1 year. Of course this may not be the same with this model.

You may also want to check and see if the existing set-up supports roaming. That is where the handheld can move anywhere where DECT coverage is present and the signal will pass from one base to another seamlessly. I do not believe the system you are curious about supports this, but there are some recent developments that make it possible although I do not know if they have yet to proffer an external antenna/base.

linking13 said:
A customer ask me to change its old PBX with a new 3CX installation, but actually there is a DECT structure based on 10 DECT antennas (for indoor and for outdoor) and this functionality is a must for the customer so I must find some devices that could replace the old antennas with new on SIP enabled.

I've found the AAstra DECT-IP RFP L32 and L34 as a good product, but I've never tested or seen it working directly on field. Anyone as an experience with the integration of DECT and 3CX that could give me some suggestion on what kind of device use and how to configure it?

Thanks

Hi,
we use this products in our HQ as we need that users can move with their phones. Aastra was only the one that can allow DECT roaming from base to base. Our plant only need indoor so we use RFP L32. We now plan to create a new large site which will need indoor and outdoor..

We cover a building with 4 levels. 2 RFP per left and right. = 7 RFP + POE. / 1 RFP is master, the other slave in cluster)
about 110 Ad142 phones. You can not set other DECT brand instead Aastra.

The only one limitation is that the product can easily integrate with 3CX but does not supports all the IPBX features.

On our 3cx server, we need a TFTP server that load at each restart all the RFP settings. With RFPs you can also creat segment or cluster that allow people to connect from some RFP or not (eg: RFP cluster management. no employes phones is this area)

Regards

Hi L COUSTEIX,

I have understand well that with this base station I cannot use other brand DECT Phone (example the normal Gigaset Series phones)?

Hi Linking13

You are right. You can not use ather DECT brand with thiese bases as you need to declare the IPEI dect mobile phone tothe base with 3CX user account to be authenticated and able to use. (see picture).

As said previously, one of the main benefit of Aastra dect, is roaming from base to base without the lost of calls.

May be you can also check for Wifi phone if you want to mix a lot of brand.

Regards

Attachments

• Aastra_dect_IPEI_Registration.png
    Aastra_dect_IPEI_Registration.png
    224.1 KB · Views: 1,523
I have found this on a forum to found IPUI number on a Gigaset

To access the IPEI-code on a Siemens Gigaset do this:
Press 147 at the same time when you turn on the phone.
Now you enter the service mode
Press 76200
Now you should be able to shroll between different menus:
In one of the menus you should get an IPEI N-number
Remove the first digit and you have the IPEI-number.
Ex. the IPEI N = 012CF05D74 the IPEI = 12CF05D74.
Please let me know if you get it to work and if you get any handover.

In this case there is information about IPEI, but i found only IPUI. Next step is to convert IPUI in IPEI via http://online-hilfe.nec-telefonanlagen.de/tools/ipei-converter.html

Could you confirm that could be a solution for use other DECT phone with AAstra base station?

Consider Panasonic KX-UD series, including KX-UDS124 DECT station and KX-UDT111/121/131 DECT sets.
Nevertheless it is not officially supported by 3CX, it is quite similar to KX-TGP550 (officially supported) and very straightforward and easy to setup.

Check Panasonic documentation at: http://panasonic.net/pcc/products/sipphone/

I have 2 customers using this solution.

BR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattS
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.