DECT Phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jasonhayes, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonhayes

jasonhayes New Member

Can anyone recommend a cheap DECT (Cordless) phone. I have Siemens at the moment to transfer I call, I have to do 3 or 4 steps. I want some phones that I can use the "R" key to transfer the call, by simply dialling an extension and most importantly have them access the 3CX company phoned book, where at the moment I have to update each headset with its own address book.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I assume that you are talking about a DECT SIP phone and not a DECT handset used in conjunction with an ATA.

It might help if you included your location, as selection (model availability) can vary from market to market. A few handsets have been mentioned in the forum, in the past, along with the users experiences.

Any DECT SIP handset won't be "cheap", although, that is relative.

3. jasonhayes

jasonhayes New Member

I'm from the UK. Yes looking for DECT SIP Phones, but ones we can use all the functions of 3CX on, ie Company Phone Book, R Key to transfer the call, Dial codes etc.

4. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Simple answer... none yet

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Cheap is relative and with cheap usually comes a lesser array of features.

You might look at the attached as it may fit your apparent primary need (cheap):

http://www.grandstream.com/index.php/products/ip-voice-telephony/enterprise-ip-phones/dp715_710

I have sold a few of them and while I do not know that they meet all your needs as I did not provision them, the client did, he certainly seems to like them as I keep asking him how they work and he indicates "great".

6. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Ineblett:
    The OP asked for a phone that supports all of the 3CX features, the DP715 does NOT. No company phonebook, transfer is a royal PIA and IF you configure the phone to support 3CX codes then you can't transfer. You will get the same exact functionality by purchasing your favorite analog DECT and using an HT701 FXS gateway.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

I have used the SNOM M80 and M90 DECT phones and base stations. They aren't 'wonderful' - but do work well - allow you to transfer calls - and are fairly straight-forward to set up.

I am however, waiting for the [immanent] release of the Yealink SIP-W52TP DECT base & phone combo' ... Yealink have a good history of working alongside 3CX.

Best regards

8. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Charles -

Please reread my post. I never suggested it met all the feature requirements. In fact, I stated that it might not meet all the needs as I had yet to personally provision one. I posted the spec sheet so that he could examine for himself and make an informed decision as to whether the price point versus feature set merited his attention. At under a $100USD, it is quite a bit cheaper than others on the market and may be worth a look...despite not having 100% compatibility to the 3CX capability.

I somewhat disagree about the same functionality using an ATA. While true with a single handset, I can at least add multiple handsets and treat as separate extensions thereby giving me far more capability than with an DECT & ATA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.