Dedicated FAX Line

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by wpanagotopulos, Sep 25, 2007.

1. wpanagotopulos

Hi All...

Looking to implement a 3CX in a small business and need to know if I can statically route a dedicated analog FAX line (using an FXO gateway) to another analog CPE FAX device (using an FXS gateway). This way I can leverage the dedicated line for the occasional (overflow) outgoing voice when it's not being used for faxing..... (Yes, I'm relegated to copper FXOs..)

I understand the PBX cannot recognize G3/T38 fax tones, but I believe it can at least route the "call", assuming I lock/use a G.711 µ-law (I'm US based...) codecs on each gateway port.

Just need to know if the 3CX can pass the PCM G.711 stream. As I understand things yes, but looking for feedback. I searched the forums but did not see anything specific.

Thanks in advance,
    Bill.

2. rewing

interesting! But I think the following edition it should integrated T38 support

3. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Yes, 3cx can pass G.711-mLaw
    Yes, Version 4 has integrated FAX support (T.38)

4. dyntech

dyntech New Member

Archie,
    Any time frame yet for the next release?

5. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Again, I'm not authorized to make any announcements on release dates, but if you ask my personal opinion - I think first beta will be available by mid of October.

6. wpanagotopulos

Thanks All.

So how, exactly, will t.38 be supported? Will there be FAX to VM? FAX routing to a extention?

I'm eager to kick the tires... :D

Regards,
    Bill.

7. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

I am pretty sure you will just have to wait like the rest of us :lol:
    I expect it will just be a basic pass through for T38 machines though, but that is just an UNeducated guess :?