Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Dedicated FAX Line

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by wpanagotopulos, Sep 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wpanagotopulos

Hi All...

Looking to implement a 3CX in a small business and need to know if I can statically route a dedicated analog FAX line (using an FXO gateway) to another analog CPE FAX device (using an FXS gateway). This way I can leverage the dedicated line for the occasional (overflow) outgoing voice when it's not being used for faxing..... (Yes, I'm relegated to copper FXOs..)

I understand the PBX cannot recognize G3/T38 fax tones, but I believe it can at least route the "call", assuming I lock/use a G.711 µ-law (I'm US based...) codecs on each gateway port.

Just need to know if the 3CX can pass the PCM G.711 stream. As I understand things yes, but looking for feedback. I searched the forums but did not see anything specific.

Thanks in advance,
    Bill.

2. rewing

interesting! But I think the following edition it should integrated T38 support

3. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Yes, 3cx can pass G.711-mLaw
    Yes, Version 4 has integrated FAX support (T.38)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. dyntech

dyntech New Member

Archie,
    Any time frame yet for the next release?

5. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Again, I'm not authorized to make any announcements on release dates, but if you ask my personal opinion - I think first beta will be available by mid of October.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. wpanagotopulos

Thanks All.

So how, exactly, will t.38 be supported? Will there be FAX to VM? FAX routing to a extention?

I'm eager to kick the tires... :D

Regards,
    Bill.

7. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

I am pretty sure you will just have to wait like the rest of us :lol:
    I expect it will just be a basic pass through for T38 machines though, but that is just an UNeducated guess :?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.