• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Dedicated FAX Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpanagotopulos

Customer
Reaction score
Hi All...

Looking to implement a 3CX in a small business and need to know if I can statically route a dedicated analog FAX line (using an FXO gateway) to another analog CPE FAX device (using an FXS gateway). This way I can leverage the dedicated line for the occasional (overflow) outgoing voice when it's not being used for faxing..... (Yes, I'm relegated to copper FXOs..)

I understand the PBX cannot recognize G3/T38 fax tones, but I believe it can at least route the "call", assuming I lock/use a G.711 µ-law (I'm US based...) codecs on each gateway port.

Just need to know if the 3CX can pass the PCM G.711 stream. As I understand things yes, but looking for feedback. I searched the forums but did not see anything specific.

Thanks in advance,
Bill.

interesting! But I think the following edition it should integrated T38 support

Yes, 3cx can pass G.711-mLaw
Yes, Version 4 has integrated FAX support (T.38)

Archie,
Any time frame yet for the next release?

Again, I'm not authorized to make any announcements on release dates, but if you ask my personal opinion - I think first beta will be available by mid of October.

Thanks All.

So how, exactly, will t.38 be supported? Will there be FAX to VM? FAX routing to a extention?

I'm eager to kick the tires... :D

Regards,
Bill.

I am pretty sure you will just have to wait like the rest of us :lol:
I expect it will just be a basic pass through for T38 machines though, but that is just an UNeducated guess :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leowong
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.