• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Default E-mail FAX Server save bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

mukkacow

Customer
Reaction score
Hi all !

I'm running 3CX v15.5.5 Pro on Google Cloud VM. All seems work perfectly but I'm experiencing a problem with FAX server configuration. When I'm trying to save the default e-mail and click the OK button nothing happens.

Anyone encountered same problem and solved it with successfull save ?

Thanks for any useful help

Attachments

• shot.png
    shot.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 7
Hello @mukkacow

Please try using a different browser or if that doesn't help, once you fill in the email address try clicking away from the box before clicking ok. Let us know if that works for you

Hi @YiannisH_3CX,

I have tried with your trick but unfortunately it doesn't work. I have tryed with these browsers:

Chrome v62.0.3202.75 (64 bit)
IE 11.674.15063.0
Firefox 56.0.2 (64bit)
Microsoft Edge 40.15063.674.0

When clicking on OK you can see the "saving line" at the top that quick disappears.

Here you can give a look to a mini video.

:-((

Can you provide me with access to the management console? If so please send me a p.m. so we can arrange to have a look at the issue

As i could see from the access you provided you installed the system with 2 digit extension length and manually changed the extension length to 3 digits. With that in mind please un-install the system and re-install it with the required digit length as changing the digit length after installation is not supported and can cause a variety of problems. Un-fortunately you cannot perform a backup as this will result in importing the wrong configuration. You need to install the system from scratch to avoid any future issues. Please proceed with the re-installation of the system and let us know if that resolves your issue.

Hi YiannisH,

I have reinstalled from scratch 3CX and as you said now all works perfectly (also the FAX e-mail settings). I just have a question.
My google VM machine has changed, will the FDQN updates self to my new IP ? usually how much it will takes ?

Glad to hear the issue is resolved. If you are using a 3CX FQDN then it will be automatically updated. The TTL for non enterprise keys is 6 hours and then it is a matter of the DNS propagation reaching you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dozer302
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.