• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

In Progress Default Phone Provisioning Options

Daniel Lent

Reaction score
I'm just about finished with a 4 city installation with 5-10 per site except one site with over 20+ phones. The new provisioning options for the yealink phones are great, but annoying to make sure that you've changed the 12/24 hour option, default ring, time out values for every phone.

We should be able to set up a site/group default that the options default to so that provisioning is easier for large installs.

Upvote 124
+1, I'm setting up an 80-seat client and it is irritating as all get-out to have to edit every extension one at a time for phone provisioning options like time/date format, etc. How is this not part of the bulk-edit functionality--I can configure BLF for many extensions at once by selecting all of the extensions in question and then clicking Edit--why not phone options??

Create a new phone template and change this line:

#Configure the time format; 0-12 Hour, 1-24 Hour (default);
local_time.time_format = %%timestyle%%

Change %%timestyle%% for 0 or 1

Using a new template is not an option for us as it will prevent as from getting support from 3CX.

We have a system with +1000 extensions where the SIP server is freezing, partly stops to respond to SIP request. Restarting the server seems to be the only solution.

To get support from 3CX we now have to factory reset all phones and apply 3CX:s default templates. Switching to new templates is one thing, but as the template can’t be changed, we are forced to manually update all extensions.

Needless to say, but +1 for this.

This still isn't a feature? Come on! It would save us hours and hour of clicking around in the UI.

+1

+1
Bulk editor for templates.

+1
after 4 years still waiting to fix this

Good day,
Could you review my idea regarding provision phones , as i see ( when i configure new IP phone or gateway ) system give me ability to change a device time zone but i don't see option for change a time server for those devices.
Can add ability to set time server ( set NTP Server IP or DNS name ) for all IP Phone devices in 3CX Server web GUI ?

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.