• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

default VLan id.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrishoneywell

Reaction score
I have a 3CX version 11.0.28976..... running Microsoft server 2008 SP1.
I have over 200 Grandstream 1400 and 30 Grandstream 1450 phones.
I want to use VLan 1 for my phones and VLan 21 for my computers connected to the PC out on the phones.
I can set VLan 1 on the Layer 2 QoS 802.1Q/VLAN Tag do an apply and save all works well.
When I reboot the phone it gets a new config from the server and defaults back to blank or 0.
Where can I set Vlan 1 for the phone provisioning on the 3CX server?
I am using Trendnet managed 24 port gigabit switches.
Thanks

You are going to need to mofify the Grandstream template so that the phones get the VLAN settings every time they pull the config or a new one is provisioned. However after a quick glance at the stock Grandstream template (not the 3CX template), there doesn't appear to be a VLAN setting for the network ports on the phone, only for tagging the and apply QoS to the RTP.

# Layer 2 QoS. 802.1Q/VLAN Tag (VLAN classification for RTP). Default is 0
# Number: 0 - 4094
# Mandatory
P51 = 0

# Layer 2 QoS. 802.1p priority value (0 - 7). Default is 0
# Number: 0 - 7
# Mandatory
P87 = 0

You'll probably want to take this up with Grandstream. I have attached the default Grandstream template, for our review. I've always assumed these contain all of the available provisioning settings, but I could be wrong.

Attachments

• gxp140x_config_1.0.5.26.txt
    52.4 KB · Views: 57
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.