Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Definition of Account

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by petewatterschats, Feb 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petewatterschats

petewatterschats New Member

Soft phone Client
    Has an account, what is the definition of an account, I can add an account at the client.

Is an Account an extension. When I create an extension

I use the same name and email address for more than one extension is this a problem?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Yes, an account is one extension associated with one PBX. You could have more than one account, to more than one PBX if you want, but only one can be active at a time,

You mean in an extension settings of the PBX for sending out a provisioning file? Are you talking about Voicemail notifications? Using the same name, against multiple extensions should not be a problem unless it confuses the person receiving a call.

3. petewatterschats

When setting up and extension under user information it asks for name, email and mobil

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It assumes that the one email will be used for provisioning and email notifications, if used. You could change it if you had to send the provisioning file out to multiple devices with different email addresses. it is assumed that the same person would be using the extension number, even if on multiple devices.

5. petewatterschats

Thanks for your help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.