• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Delay before going to voice mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeMelga

Reaction score
Hi.

Here is one very very basic question:

How can I set the delay or the number of rings on an extension before it goes to voicemail?

I've selected the extension and in the forwarding rules it has 20 seconds before going to voicemail but the call never rings that much. I guess it rings 8 seconds maximum.

How can I increase that time?

Thanks.

It isn't based on number of rings, as ring cadence can vary. I would check the 3CX logs to see what the actual time shows between when the call was "presented" to the set, and when it was then sent off to voicemail. There may be something else at play here.

leejor,

I've checked the logs.
It is timing correctly. My problem is that the call only starts ringing 4 or 5 seconds AFTER the connection.

I will raise the 20 seconds value :)

Thanks.

MikeMelga said:
It is timing correctly. My problem is that the call only starts ringing 4 or 5 seconds AFTER the connection.

So, I assume that the person calling is listening to 20 seconds of ring-back tone? Raising it may give you what you want but risks the caller hanging up as it is taking too long to go to VM. What type of sets are you using? Just one type, or does this happen with a number of makes? It may be a set, or a settings issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TECHXNEPAL
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.