Delay before IVR plays message

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jonners59, Oct 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonners59

Jonners59 New Member

I suddenly noticed that my 3CX has introduced a delay before the IVR starts playing the options messages. As an example, I have one line set up such that when calls arrive it goes in to a hunt group. If the call is not answered it then goes to an IVR. The call is being picked up by the HG, but when it hands over to the IVR there is a long delay, at least 10 seconds before the message starts.

This happened just after I upgraded to the latest version of 3CX.

PS:
    I was running on a stand alone machine running Vista 64-bit. The problem started whilst in that format. SInce then I am running 3CX on Windows 7 (32-bit) within a virtual machine using VirtualBoxhave which is on Unbuntu 10.4 (32-bit). The problem still exists in this new configuration.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

I have only seen the problem when the available RAM has been low. Running on XP or Server 2003 with 2GB of RAM has not been a problem. Remember also that 3CX is a 32 bit application - not that that would make any difference. I am not sure how your virtual machine would handle RAM access. 10 seconds is a long time and I have not seen that - unless the machine as I say is underpowered.

Kind regards
    Richard Crabb

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jonners59

Jonners59 New Member

It has been fine for 18 months. Happened suddenly when the new version was installed.... I have 4Gb RAM which it had full use of.

In my new environment Linux needs next to nothing as it has a more efficient use of memory than Windows, and the VM I have given 1Gb to Windows 7... But as mentioned it started before the upgrade to Linux.

4. RichardCrabb1

RichardCrabb1 New Member

Yes Windows is greedy on memory, but on the other hand memory is cheap. When 3CX is not doing very much it appears to use around 300Mbytes of memory. I notice that it is taking around 30% cpu all the time on my machine, although this does not seem to negatively impact performance.

Kind regards
    Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.