Delay in audio

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by open7, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. open7

I have a noticeable delay when I talk via my voip provider (CallCentric) but not via PSTN. I have been reading the forums to find the possible problems and have tried to disable the option "PBX delivers audio' but this does not seem to make a difference. What exactly does this option do (on the VOIP provider advance tab)?

Are there any other suggestions to try. I would estimate that the delay is about 500 ms.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It is fine you make you PSTN calls...how? A gateway (not over the VoIP connection)?
    Delay (echo, if it is short) can be caused by a number of things, some of which you may have control over, such as your network or "internal equipment" and some things you don't. Do you use a Hub as opposed to a Switch in your network? Could it be your ISP connection causing a problem?

3. open7

My PSTN is via a patton 41122 gateway. I am not using a Hub, I have a switch. My ISP is Comcast HSI at 30 MB down and 6 MB up. My ping time is about 11 ms.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mit

mit

I have been having exactly the same issue. With a delay being incurred when the media travels via the 3CX server (you can see the thread i raised on this below)

http://www.3cx.com/forums/media-delay-re-invite-issue-with-unsupported-voip-provider-13075.html

In addition to disabling "PBX delivers audio" you need to enable "supports reinvites" for the voip provider (again in the advanced settings for the voip provider). However, in my case, I found that this removed the delay (as the 3CX server was successfully removed from the audio path), but broke transfers.

The explanation for why transfers did not work is in the thread above, but you may find your voip provider handles reinvites differently so it may not cause you the same issue with transfers.

5. nml

nml

I have delay on patton 4114 as well. It seems to be the dejitter buffer, which buffers up audio before transmitting it. Although I never had any luck fixing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.