• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Delay in Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotel

Reaction score
After searching the forum for my issue and ticking and unticking countless options I am now posting to find sme hopeful answer. Server that the PBX is located on is P4 2.8 ghz 2 gig RAM Dell 1U server. I have a Linksys Dual WAN VPN router RV082. Internet connection is a 10mb by 2mb connection and speed test come back 1 ms and 0 packet loss on Myspeed. There is a switch in between the router and PBX BUT I have switched them out to see if this was the issue at hand.

Internally all my calls sound good and everything works as it should. I use OpenVPN for our employees to connect to our network then use the phone system through this. When I was running Trxibox(Asterisk 1.4.x) everything was fine for the remote callers. Now I have huge delays when my remote caller sends or receives calls to clients and its hurting the quality of our client conversations which are very important. I have disabled PBX DELIVERS AUDIO option with no luck and also tried with/without reinvite for xfer issue. No luck whatsoever.

The logs bring no error and I have disabled and reconfigured our QoS to see if that was the issue at hand. The internal phones are Snom 360's and the remote phone is Bria. I also tried the 3cx softphone with no luck. The remote party that I testing with has a 25 MB by 2 MB connection and test on it came back fine, not to mention they used Bria with asterisk fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

Probably the best place to start would be to get hold of the 3CX VOIP phone available from the downloads section (comes packaged with the assistant installer), and try and configure it as an external extension in tunnel mode. And see if that works well, that way you are eliminating the VPN from the problem at this point.

The links below are for your reference:

3CX assistant:

http: //www.3cx.com/downloads/3CXAssistantSetup_80.exe - END OF LIFE

Configuring 3CX VoIP Phone as a Tunneled External Extension :
Code:
http://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/

Thanks,
Mark Flores Martin
3CX Support

3cx softphone with tunnel enabled is still 1 to 3 seconds of delay. Pinging the server through VPN is 39ms at remote party. I brought the snom phone home with me and tried connecting it to the remote PBX via our Public IP. First of all I opened 5060-5090, 7000-7500 and 9000-9050. The phone registers BUT when i get a call no audio is passed. I tried using a Stun server which gave me audio one way lol. Sometimes when i would dial my extenion my phone wouldnt even ring and other times it would ring and when i picked up the cell phone which i was calling from would stay stick in the ON HOLD music. The consistency so far has been terrible with this system.

For kicks I put my Asterisk (Trixbox) back in last night and wow everything was smooth as butter and remote party had little to no delay through VPN. I want to use Windows Server because I personally do not like Linux. So if I could get some insight on this remote delay issue and maybe even the issue with directly connecting my snom 360 to the system remotely that would be nice. I want to buy this sytem but not if its going to act like this.

Please ensure you have eliminated the VPN problem and use the 3CX VOIP phone out of the VPN, and advise me of the results.

As for the Snom issues there seems to be an issue with using a Snom as an external extension. We are currently in discussions with Snom to find the best way forward to resolve this. We hope to be able to make progress on this matter soon.

Meanwhile, we have tested using the Snom as an external extension using the 3CX SIP Proxy Manager, and this works fine - so this is a workaround you can use.

Thanks,
Mark Flores Martin

Contact me on [email protected] and we will discuss this via email. Answer me the below.

Maybe asterisk is configured in a way that solves this problem you have. And 3CX not.
Also asterisk might be more performant on the machine used than the machine you are using to run 3CX. Did you check task manager? is the server under load?

What is the operating system used?

Disable stun and use external IP address (so you avoid a delay in resolution on a busy stun server)
Make a test without VPN and then with VPN. See what happens
You do not need to open 7000-7499 on the router.
Open 9000-9049
5090 tcp and udp Try with a 3cxphone using tunnel. If you have a delay in this scenario, then we should try directly.
Disable firewall on server for the time being until you test.
What about the border router? Is there some SIP ALG going on there?
QOS - Can we disable that completely as a test for now?

Also send me the logs
Set the logs to verbose
Settings / advanced / Set to verbose
restart phone system service
Start wireshark on the server and replicate the problem agaain
stop wireshark - save file
go to help at the top in the 3CX Management console and click on Generate support information.
Send both files.

Just to let you know we have numerous configurations of 3CX in our test departments worldwide and some of them even have small bandwidth connections on purpose to see how these perform on remote tests. We do not get this delay.

You have a good bandwidth so that has to be excluded.

Is there something scanning packets - I am trying to see what can cause this 1-3 second delay.
Are the phones configured properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilyass.b
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.