Delay in Communication

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Chad, Aug 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chad

We have a 3cx Cloud V. 15.5.5 and a debian 8 VM SBC. We are experiencing long delays when talking and employees and customers are talking over each other. This happens on internal, external, and Paging calls. When doing an echo test I experience a long delay also. They are all roughly the same and it seems like it's about 1 second long.
    We are using Yealink T2x phones and have a Snom PA1 for paging. All are on the newest firmware.
    I'm not even sure where to start looking any help would be appreciated.

#1 Chad, Aug 25, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  2. Severin Meyer

3. Chad

Thanks for the tip. I made this change yesterday and all of the sudden the phones have gone silent. Our receptionist is happy but isn't good for testing. Hopefully the rest of the week we get some calls in and can get a better feel if this helped.

4. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

So outside of a major configuration issue delay is almost a network issue. I see no mention of what your ping times look like from your site to the VM but anything above 125ms and the delay becomes noticeable. We make sure the latency between our sites and VMs is less than 75ms with typical installs seeing 30-40ms.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    YiannisH_3CX likes this.
  5. Chad

Ping time to the Cloud 3cx site is 25 to 26ms. To our border control VM it is <1ms.

6. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

@Chad Make sure you check or try to have a ping running to match up when the error occurs. Also, you mention running 'cloud' but are we talking private cloud or public cloud. I ask because we recently completed the first location of a 5 location install and the IT team provided us a with a VM that had some Broadcom advanced queuing feature turned on that produced some weird audio issues. In our case it wasn't delays but mangled audio but might be something to check.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.