Delay in playing Prompt

Discussion in 'Call Flow Designer' started by empire4, Oct 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. empire4

3CX CFD is an awesome tool. Thanks to the team. I have managed to build a working dialer app that queries a database and calls out the customer number, collects response and writes it back in the database. In my dialer, 'Make call From' is the customer number and 'To' is the internal Queue number for the 2nd voice app which basically plays out the welcome prompt and menu options. My issue is, there is a 3-4 second delay once customer is connected and before the prompts start playing. My client is of the opinion that this may cause some customers to hang up the call before the system start playing. Is there a way I can bring down this delay?

upload_2017-10-24_20-14-20.png

2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @empire4,

Actually 3-4 seconds might be the time it takes 3CX to establish the call to the internal queue... In that case there is not much you can do about it.

Are you doing any time consuming task before playing the prompts? Like accessing a database for example?

In that case, maybe you can add a Prompt Playback component at the beginning, set it to AllowDtmfInput=false (so the message is played immediately) and then you go to the database to do what you need.

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. empire4

Thank you for the prompt reply. I had this checked already, the first thing in the flow is a prompt with DTMF disabled. Still takes 3-4 seconds. If this is how it is, my humble suggestion is that the CFD team may consider some improvement in the next release. 3 - 4 second delay is something really noticeable.

4. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Thanks for your feedback. We will check this internally and see what we can do to reduce this time. The delay is related to the time it takes the call to get established. The Make Call functionality makes a call to one party first, and once established it makes the call to the second party and connects both legs. The establishment of this second call seems to be what is causing the delay here, during that time the other party is waiting.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.