• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Delay ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

JChill

Reaction score
Hi,
in our company 2 operators answer phone calls from the outside. They manage all calls.
It is really disturbing for me if my phone start ringing as soon as it starts for the other operators... BUT If the operators are busy I want my phone to start ringing to help them ad avoid queue for our customers.
We have actually setup 2 ring groups and 2 internal for my phone. The second internal is associated to the second ring group which start ringing after 11 seconds.

With this setup, when I use 3CX Client on Android, operators are forced to discover to which internal I am actually registered but not all internals have a companion desktop client.

To simplify things, could be possible to delay ringing (and/or the whole call notification), either from 3cx internal configuration and 3cx status or any phone ?

Hello @JChill,

A way to solve this is by adding your extensions in a second Ring Group. The "Destination if no answer" in the first group would be your second group, so if both your Operators(1st Group) are busy, the call will be forwarded on your own extensions (2nd Group). If one of the two extensions in the second group is registered, it will receive the call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.