Delay when calling IVR by calling DID no delay when dial internal extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by 3CXNewbie, Feb 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3CXNewbie

Hi there.

I have created an IVR to enable people to call in and enter an extension number. I have created an incoming rule so a specific DID routes to this IVR.

When I call the number internally, it is picked up after maybe 1 ring. When I call the DID, more like 6 - 7 rings.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

2. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi 3CXNewbie,

If I understand correctly you called the internal extension IVR number and it is picked up in a little while (which is normal), when you called this number from external number it is delayed 6 or 7 sec, is that correct? Also please check your internet equipment (modem,firewall etc..) to make sure that devices are configured as 3CX recommended. Also may you need to investigate your issue with your Voip Provider.

3. 3CXNewbie

Thanks.

We are using ISDN with Patton SN4120 bri gateways. External calls to our main number comes in fine (a ring group) but the IVR takes a few rings.

Thanks again.

4. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi 3CXNewbie,

Please make sure that the running firmware on your Patton SN4120 is 6.9 and not 6.T.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Check the 3CX activity log right after one of these calls. This will show when the call is first presented to 3CX by the gateway, and how long before it is passed to the IVR. If the delay doesn't seem to be happening between those two events, then it suggests that the gateway is not passing the call on in a timely manner. You may have to review the settings in the Patton.

6. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

Yes, exactly what Leejor said (although Wireshark would be easier if you're slightly familiar with it).
    If you point that same DID to an extension, does it do the same thing ? (I would assume it does)
    How many other DIDs do you have that are pointing to different places and working properly ?
    .... it all points to the Patton, should be fixable relatively easily. Might be a simple rule in the call-router that needs to be added.

Keep us updated !

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.