Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Delay when doing call pickup *20*

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Gav, Feb 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gav

Gav

Using Fanvil x4
    Programmed Custom Speed Dial on BLF to dial *20*
    but when people use the speed dial, there is a 4 second delay. This is normal because the phone has a pause in it during dialling phase.
    Pressing # gets rid of the delay, but when I program the custom speed dial button as *20*#, it doesnt work.
    What can I do to remove the 4 second delay?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

3. Gav

Gav

I looked at dial plan but couldn't fathom anything out.
    The peculiar thing is we also have a custom speed dial for a page group that works perfectly.
    The number being *805804 - whenever this is used it dials instantly, so no 4 second delay.
    I cannot see what difference that has to the *20* , other than length?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If it is the set that is causing the delay, then there must be something in the options that allows one number to be sent intermediately, and one only after that time-out period. Not having used Fanvil sets before, I can only go by what the dialplan options seen to show in the manual. There may be options elsewhere that another forum member is aware of.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Check section 8.13 Dial Peer, they call it

6. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Gav

Can you please let us know of the PBX version you are running as well as the firmware version of the phone and the provisioning type (local, STUN, SBC). Also are you using the default 3CX templates?

I have tried to replicate your scenario but i was not able as the call is picked up as soon as the DSS key is pressed. My phone is local to the PBX with the latest supported firmware and the default template

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.