Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Delay when making outbound call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by melchafei, Aug 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melchafei

Hello All,

This is my first post.. :)

We currently just installed the 3cx version 7.1. Everything is going well, however when we are trying to make a bound call there is about 3 -4 sec delay before I hear the dial tone.... any idea!

also i am not seeing any logs

we are using a Sotel system as a voip provider
    we have a TZ170 Firewall
    phone: ACT P160S I know its old :)

please let me know if i am missing any info

any idea....

thanks

Moe E

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You mean when you pick up the handset it takes 3 to 4 seconds to get dialtone? Or, do you mean that it takes a few seconds for on outgoing call to start ringing?

3. melchafei

it takes a few seconds for on outgoing call to start ringing

Moe E

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Ok, that could be a couple of things. First of all, most VoIP phones/ATA's will delay sending the dialled digits (it has to be sent as a complete package to the PBX) until after a predetermined delay, usually 4 to 5 seconds, this delay can usually be adjusted. You can usually speed this up by dialling # after your last digit. That will tell the set to "send the digits now". Many phones and ATA's have a dialplan that you can define in the set so that it knows to send immediately after a certain digit combination or length, then you don't have to wait.

It could also be a delay because of call set-up, caused by your provider.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.