Delay when using Jabra PRO 930 on a Mac

Discussion in '3CX Clients' started by Thomas Liesner, Dec 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thomas Liesner

Hello,

when using a device like a Jabra PRO 930 together with the Mac softphone we encounter a long delay after beginning the call before i actually get heard or hear anything. There seems to be something like a "now audio is enabled" event and then it works, but it takes 2 or 3 seconds. This is very irritating for the callers. The same headset connected to a Windows softphone works without issues? Any hints?

TIA,
    Thomas

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Thomas

On Apple (both MAC and iOS) opening the soundcard is much slower than in Windows, especially for bluetooth and, unfortunately, we don't have control over it. As former Windows developer, I've been and I am very frustrated too by this annoying issue but, as I said, we weren't able to solve it so far.

Sorry for inconvenience
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Thomas Liesner

Hi Vali,

thanks for the quick response! The Jabra PRO 930 communicates via DECT with a dockingstatiuon which is connected to the Mac via USB. So no bluetooth involved. I will recheck with other softphones (Bria, Starface). Could this also be a headset issue?

TIA,
    Thomas

4. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

No, I don't think it's a headset issue. We started developing our client since Snow Leopard, and this issue, this delay, was consistent until latest OS, and a huge difference compared to Windows.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.