Delayed Incoming Faxing 3CX V15

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Michael Menor, Feb 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Menor

Hey guys, I've already opened a ticket with 3CX Support on this, but I wanted to see if the community has seen something similar to this.

Here's the system setup:
    • 3CX V15 SP4
    • Callcentric and babyTEL trunks (Both are T.38 compatible)
    I've watched an incoming fax from start to finish, even as far as monitoring the 3CXMediaServer.exe process as well as the files that it "writes to disk" when it is receiving a fax. From what I've observed, it writes a temp .tif file to %programdata%\3CX\Instance1\Data\Fax\Temp\ directory during the fax transmission. Once the fax call is complete it transfers the .tif file to the %programdata%\3CX\Instance1\Data\Fax\Faxes\ToSend\ directory to be queued to send to the recipient.

The issue is that the file sites in the "ToSend" directory waiting to be sent, you can let it sit here for hours and it will not send. The only way to get it to send would be to send another fax to the same fax number. It will then queue both faxes and create the PDFs to be sent. Each fax is sent one after the other.

As you can see in the screenshot that I attached, the top fax was accepted by 3CX at 11:15AM, but didn't get sent out until 11:25AM when I sent the second fax.

[​IMG]
    https://postimg.org/image/stxqrcrat/

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Michael Menor

From what i can see your issue was related with the antivirus software that was installed on the 3CX server machine. Can you confirm this was the case and the issue is now resolved?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.