Delayed outbound calling from 3CX Client (Mac OS X)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jacobtalbot, Dec 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacobtalbot

Hello

We are trailing the 3CX Client and for some reason there is a large delay when making the outbound call, up to 10 - 15 seconds. I have tried the same number on a desk phone and it's delay is only a few seconds - connected to the same extension.

Can someone please provide some insight?

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

hello there,

Could you please provide some more info regarding what Mac OS are you running and what version client are you running?
    Also are you on the latest service pack of V15 and have you downloaded the latest client from the updates section of the management console?
    How about extension to extension? is there any delay there?

3. jacobtalbot

Hello

I am running macOS Sierra. Client version is 15.1.0.66. As far as I am aware we are running the latest PBX software. I am unsure as to where to find the latest service pack of V15.

Extension to extension calls are also delayed. I have also done the latest updates in the PBX also.

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You can find your build number on the Dashboard of the management console under the information column next to the license. 2016-12-30_15h05_48.png
    you are running the latest client though. Have you tried a windows client? Does that have the same delay as well?

5. jacobtalbot

Hello

We are on the latest build for 3CX. Version 15.0.60903.0

6. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Jacob
    When you say delay, it means
    1 - the call is established imediately but it has audio delay; or
    2 - the call starts dialing but it establishes after that delay?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. jacobtalbot

The day is, the number will be inputted, but there will be a delay before the call will dial and start ringing.

8. Sergej Nachtigal

We have the same issue with our Mac clients. It's a delay of ~16 seconds until the call is established. Same behavior for inbound and outbound calls.
    We use the Linux PBX, version 15.0.60903.0.

The Windows client is working fine. Except calling a Mac client using the Windows client.

Any news on this issue?

9. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Jacob, Sergej
    Please you try open the 3CX client/Settings/Audio menu and there, instead of "default" devices, select the exact ones you want to use, then try to make a call to see if there's a change in that delay and tell me the result.
    Thanks
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. jacobtalbot

I have done all of the audio settings and the results are the same.

11. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

If you have a ticket open to our tech support, can you please send us the logs? I'm still assuming is something related with the sound devices (a bluetooth or USB) but only the logs might reveal.
    Thanks

12. Sergej Nachtigal

Changing the audio device makes no difference.
    I run some tests and recorded the network traffic on the device. On macOS it takes 5 seconds until the 3CX client contacts the 3CX server the first time after starting the call. On Windows it's less than one second until the 3CX client contacts the server.

Internal calls:
    - macOS <-> macOS: It takes about 5-7 seconds until the call is established
    - macOS <-> Windows: It takes about 5-7 seconds until the call is established
    - Windows <-> Windows: It takes about 1-2 seconds until the call is established

External calls:
    - Windows <-> external: It takes about 5-7 seconds until the call is established
    - macOS <-> external: It takes about 12-15 seconds until the call is established

We use macOS Sierra on our computers.

Any further ideas? :).

Thanks.

13. Simon Hoy

I have this problem too! I am running Sierra and have the 3CX Client v15.1.0.66. I have only just installed 3CX today although I have used previous versions. I thought I was doing something wrong, until I tested the system using the 3cx iPhone app instead of the Mac and it worked instantly.

I am using the built in Mic and Speakers which are set as the devices in settings. I don't have any bluetooth or USB audio devices at the moment.

14. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

OK, we found the problem - the fix will be available starting with ver 15.1.0.68
    Thanks

15. ang3l12

Any update on when this new version will be available?

16. ang3l12

Asking again for when this new version will be available? The soft phone is almost unusable at this moment with this issue going on, as most people will hang up after 15 seconds of ringing. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.