Delayed recording on voicemails

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tim942, Dec 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tim942

Hi all!

I have a weird situation where some voice mails have 10 to 15 seconds of silence before the speaker comes on (mid-word or mid-sentence). I have only been able to find this happening three times on one user beginning in mid November with our lightly used system. Even though it happened today as well, I have not been able to reproduce the problem. I have been digging through the logs, but nothing significant happens during the call recordings that I can find. I have not had any complaints of calls dropping or being delivered silent. I would assume if it were a problem with our PRI that the whole call would drop, and that wouldn't explain why it is just one user.

Anybody else experiencing this?

2. nikosT_3cx

3CX Support

Hi,

we have seen a scenario where if you have PSTN gateway configured on your system and the caller initiates a call from another PBX which has a PSTN gateway also configured, when the PBX plays the "beep" tone for the vmail, the gateway thinks it is a DTMF tone and waits 10 seconds for another tone to come in. At time timeframe the gateway just waits and will not pass through any audio to the PBX.
    Now this is a way to check this by replacing the "beep" tone on path C:\Program Files\3CX Phone System\Instance1\Data\Ivr\Media

3. tim942

Thank you very much nikosT! I will try this right away. Do you have any recommendations for the new "beep" tone?

Edit:
    Did you mean replace the (path of English prompt)\beep.wav with (Program File Media Path)\beep.wav? They have slightly different beeps.

4. tim942

I have done some swapping around and I found it is the "C:\Program Files\3CX Phone System\Instance1\Data\Ivr\Media" location that does store the beep for the mailbox (a little confusing because there are only two files there).

The original file is 967 Hz
    The one from the prompt set is 1028 Hz
    I am testing the one from FreePBX which is 702 Hz

Correction:
    Ran the files through a DTMF analyzer:
    3CX uses tones that register 941 Hz
    FreePBX uses a tone that registers 697 Hz

5. tim942

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_information_tones

This Wiki article looks like the exact problem I am having. I will update if the issue happens again.

6. tim942

I have tried some various tones, but I am still having this issue for some callers (one tone fixes one problem but now affects others). Please could I get a proper tone that will not cause any issues?

7. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I had made a custom beep.wav file some time ago and some users that tried it did not mention any other problems afterwards.

Attaching it. After replacing the file don't forget to restart all 3CX services!

Attached Files:

8. tim942

No problems with your file yet. I will update if I see the problem again.

Edit: The day after I post this, I have another one with the first 8-10 seconds cut off.

9. JSar

I realize this is an old post but was there any fix for the 10 second delay?

The beep file did not work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.