Delayed Ringing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by NigelG, Apr 2, 2007.

1. NigelG

I have a setup containing 3 extensions and 1 sipgate VOIP connection. I am using x-lite 3 annd the 3CX SIP softphones. All work, but there is often a delay of 20 to 40 seconds before the dialled number (internal or external) will ring, even to yje point where you can hang up from the dialling phone and 10 seconds later the called phone will ring. does anyone else suffer this issue and are there any suggestions as to why this occurs and can it be fixed.

2. kelddamsbo

Yes I have the same problem, see "2.0.1618 and ring groups"
    If I only have one phone in my ring group, the problem is gone.

3. NigelG

Update!

An update to the issue !

If the dialled phone is not registered (switched off) and that extension is set for voice mail on unregistered then the voicemail will answer immediately (no delay), however if the dialled extension is online then the delay occurs. so it would appear to be an issue of communication between the 3CX server and the softphone.

The Server is running Windows 2003 R2 on a dual Xeon 2.4GHz with 2 Gb of RAM and no other apps running so it should be a breeze for it.

Any suggestions please ???

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok

I do not think it is a server/hw issue. your spec (like you said) should handle it as a breeze.

Few things.

The phones your ring are thy configured as "device is external" or "Bind to media server"?

Reason why I am asking is that the call will be routed via your firewall/router if the device is configure external.

Depending on the type of phone and ata you use your can configure how quick these devices have to respond, this is all on device level.

For example on your ATA these will be thngs like Control timer values and call process tones.

On your PHONE this can be something like the digital map, this is where you can configure time outs and number of digits dialed before the phone should ring.

Network wise,
    QoS is important.

Hope this helps.
    Henk.